Spot Removal Steps
1. Act Quickly! Most carpeting that is available today in Rockland homes have already been treated with a stain-resist treatment, so many spots and spills can be removed if immediate action is taken. The longer the delay, the higher the likelihood of a spot or spill becoming a permanent stain on your carpets. Remember, staining can be influenced by several factors, and no carpet is completely stain proof.
2. Blot liquids with an absorbent, white, dry cloth or white paper toweling that does not include any printing.
3. Do not scrub the area! Scrubbing the location may cause pile distortion to the affected area. Continue to use paper towels or a dry cloth until the area is completely dry. For semi-solid spills, gently scrape up what you can with a rounded spoon. Solid spills should be broken up and vacuumed until completely removed. If the spot can be identified, locate the substance in the spot removal computer and follow the directions carefully.
4. Pretest any spot removal agent in an inconspicuous area to be certain that the solution will not damage the carpet fiber or the dye. After applying several drops to the testing area, hold down a white cloth onto the wet area for several seconds. Then examine the cloth and the carpet for any color change, color transfer or damage to your carpet. If a change does occur, then another cleaning solution should be selected.
5. Apply a small amount of the selected cleaning solution to a dry, white cloth and gently work it in.
6. Work from the edges of the spill to the center to prevent the spill from spreading. Do not scrub! Blot the area to absorb as much of the stain as possible, and repeat if necessary.
7. Continue using the first cleaning solution as long as there is a transfer of the spill to the cloth. It is not necessary to use all of the cleaning solutions if the first solution successfully removes the spill.
8. Be patient! Completely removing the spill may require repeating the same step several times. Do not continue to step 9 until the stain has been completely removed.
9. Rinse the affected area thoroughly with cold water, and blot with an absorbent, dry cloth until all of the solution has been removed. Some cleaning solutions will cause rapid soiling if the solution is not completely removed.
10. Apply a one-half inch layer of white paper towels to the affected area, and weigh down with a flat, heavy object. Continue to change paper towels as needed. A dry, absorbent, cleaning compound may be used as a substitute to accelerate drying time.
Arm your home with Chem-Dry World Famous® Spot Remover for Water-Based Spills and World Famous® Grease & Oil Remover for oil-based spots. Call AA Chem-Dry of North Jersey in Rockland, NY today at (973) 962-0044 to order with your next carpet cleaning.
For more detailed information on a specific spot or spill in your home, please call AA Chem-Dry of North Jersey in Rockland, NY at (973) 962-0044 to see how we can help. Many fiber manufacturers also provide a toll-free cleaning assistance and advice.
- Carpet Care Tips
- Basic Rug Care
- Filtration Soiling
- Spot Removal Steps
- Urine Odor Removal Tips
- Wool Carpet Care Tips
$20 Off $20 off carpet cleaningCoupon Code, 20OFF